Monday, May 14, 2012

This Amazing World

I am not so ridiculously egocentric as to believe that some grand deity created this immense universe simply to put me on a planet in the inner part of Cygnus Orion arm of the Milly Way galaxy so that I could be shepherded through life, prolesletize about the greatness of this absent creator, and finally go to a paradise afterlife based on my very human constructs and desires. No, to me that is nothing short of absurd. Instead, I prefer learning about the wonders of this amazing place. I prefer to make our home more hospitable. I prefer to teach our fellow humans about the good and bad of our civilization, about how to communicate well, and how and why it is important to experience this life in as many ways possible. I prefer to bring joy and happiness and understanding to the human race instead of placating the masses through mystical babble that even a kindergartner should realize is nothing more than wishful thinking. Instead, we should place the same amount of faith in ourselves and others as we place in those mysterious invisible beings we call gods. Imagine what we, as a species, could accomplish then. That would be something worth celebrating and paying homage to.

No comments:

Post a Comment