Saturday, May 12, 2012

If I Was Blessed (but I'm not)

If I was religious, I would say that I am truly blessed. But I don't subscribe to the conquerer's religion, and they made sure that I would never know the religion of my ancestors, so I am left with little more than the beautiful knowledge that we are nothing more than the desires of the conquerors. I am nothing more than the desires of some band of men who swept across Europe after Constantine converted and sent his hoard forth to prolesthetize and murder for a newly made god. But that is too grim. I am more than that. I am the strange concoction of almost 14 billion years ( or maybe more) of an evolving universe. Still, at this moment, I am the father of two beautiful children and husband to a wonderfully beautiful wife. Hoy, solo soy el papi lleno de mi graciosa vida.

No comments:

Post a Comment