Tuesday, March 20, 2012

I understand that people need to cling to something bigger than themselves. I get it. What I don't get is why billions of people choose to cling to fictions instead of looking at the amazing realities of truth. Fiction is not easy; I know because I hold two English degrees. Understanding the fictions that help us define our humanity is painfully difficult. But they admittedly are fictions based on the reality of human experience as filtered through the perceptions of fallibly mortals. Once you take those fictions and call them fact, or try to build a society based on fictions then there is a problem. I don't know whether to simply dismiss those people as ignorant, to pitty them for their gullibility, or curse them for their laziness. None of the above, I guess. I know some fine people who believe some silly things, but that's part of being human. I can't understand how kneeling to a fiction can make you love the world, and they probably can't understand how realizing that I an just a small part of billions of years of cosmic activity makes me more wonderful than any god because I am real. And I not only come from the stars, i am the human incarnation of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment